We will follow the NB Select rules for the playoffs:
- ALL SCORES NEED TO BE TEXTED TO THOMAS CADMUS 978-882-2745 AFTER EACH GAME
- BOTH TEAMS NEED TO TEXT THE SCORES!
- PLEASE INCLUDE TEAM NAME, WHO YOU PLAYED, AGE, DIVISION & SCORES. THE BRACKETS WILL BE UPDATED AS GAMES END.
- MA, NH & ME: All teams will play single elimination games this weekend.
- Elite: All teams will play the 2nd round of a best out of 3 series.
- If a game gets suspended, it must be continued from the exact spot and situation where it was stopped.
- All teams split umpire fees and game balls. Home team must assign umpires (2 umpires).
- Higher seed is home at all times. The higher seed is home for all games in the 2 out of 3 series.
- Double check your field permits and umpires.
- No time limits on games.
- Mercy Rule is 15 after 3, 10 after 4 & 8 after 5.
- No dropped 3rd Strike for 9U & 10U Divisions. A dropped 3rd strike is an out. (Excludes Elite).
- No warning on balks. If a balk is called it is a dead ball.
- Head first slides are legal. (includes home plate)
- Infield fly should be called at all age levels.
- The extra inning rule will be 2 regular extra innings and if the game is still tied going into the 9th inning runners will be placed on 2nd & 3rd with 1 out. Last 2 batted outs will be the runners. Home team must get their last at bat. We need a winner! (excludes championship games).
- We have the right to change the times of Sundays Championship Games if we have any games that were rained out on Saturday.
- We will follow the Pitch Smart Guidelines.
- All coaches need to fill out the Pitch Smart form that was emailed to all program directors after each game and both coaches need to sign the form. The form needs to be brought by the coaches to each game.
- 9U & 10U max of 75 pitches per day.
- 11U & 12U max of 85 pitches per day.
- Pitchers that throw 20 or under pitches on Saturday can pitch on Sunday.
- Pitchers that throw 21 or over pitches on Saturday can not pitch on Sunday.
- Pitchers can use the total amount of pitches allowed in a day between both games on the same day.
- A pitcher can finish a batter even if he's over the daily max.
- A pitcher can can't finish a batter if he want to stay under pitch count. For example: A pitcher starts a batter at 19 pitches and wants to stay at 1-20 needs to be taking out after 20 pitches.
- We go by the age division you are playing in not his actual age. For examples: A player in 12U who is actually 13 years old still needs to follows the 11-12 age bracket.
- Any discrepancies will be handled on a case by case basis.
- For more information about the pitch counts, total days rest and to see the pitch smart chart please click on the link below.
- Pitch Smart Guidelines Link: